Michael B. Germain
Tampa Insurance Law Attorney
Michael B. Germain is the founder of the Germain Law Group. For over a decade, Michael has been involved in litigating insurance claims and complex commercial matters. Michael's practice is focused on representing individuals and businesses against their insurance companies and those that have caused them injury – financial, emotional or physical.
Michael has been selected by Florida SuperLawyers as a "SuperLawyer" in the field of insurance coverage litigation for 2015. He was previously selected as a “SuperLawyer” in the field of insurance coverage litigation for 2013 and 2014 and was earlier recognized as a "Rising Star" in the field of insurance coverage litigation for 2011 and 2012.
Michael is a Tampa native who graduated from Berkeley Preparatory High School where he was inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame.
Michael handles cases throughout the state of Florida.
- Stetson University's College of Law, cum laude, 2003, member of the Trial Team and Trial Advocacy Board
- Washington and Lee University, Bachelor of Science with Special Attainments in Commerce, 1998, Student Judicial Committee, Captain of Mens' Intercollegiate Soccer Team
- Florida Justice Association, Young Lawyers Board of Directors 2011-2015
- Ferguson-White Inn of Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- "Avoiding the Nightmare of Rescission," Florida Justice Association, Journal, Oct/Nov 2013
- "No Second Bite to Present Missing Proof of Damages," Florida Justice Association, Journal, Nov/Dec 2011
- "Windstorm Insurance Coverage 101," Windstorm Conference
- "Dueling Bad Faith Perspectives - The Lone Star State v. The Sunshine State," Windstorm Conference