According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle statistics, between 20,000 and 26,000 car accidents occur in Hillsborough County each year. Many of these accidents occur and lead to serious injuries, because of a driver’s negligence, weather conditions, unsafe road conditions, or vehicle malfunction.
An automobile accident can be a terrifying ordeal; however, it is only the beginning of a series of issues. There’s dealing with insurance companies, mounting medical experiences, and pain and suffering after a car accident.
To ensure rightful recovery following an auto accident, it is imperative to consult an experienced Tampa car accident attorney immediately.
Automobile Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Germain Law Group, P.A. zealously works on behalf of car accident victims to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve after an accident. The attorneys of Germain Law Group, P.A. have the skills and knowledge to take on the insurance companies and negotiate the best possible settlement in your case.
The insurance companies usually try to get away with paying as little as possible. The skilled attorneys of Germain Law Group, P.A. are not afraid to take the insurance companies to court and recover the damages you deserve.
The Tampa, Florida-based Germain Law Group, P.A. represents individuals throughout Hillsborough County, including Tampa, Hunters Green, Sun City Center, Temple Terrace, and the surrounding areas. Contact Germain Law Group, P.A. at (813) 835-8888 for a free, no obligation consultation.
Florida Car Accident Information Center
- Reasons for Car Accidents in Central Florida
- Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Hillsborough County
- Recovering from Motor Vehicle Accidents in Tampa, Florida
- Florida Car Accident Resources
Reasons for Car Accidents in Central Florida
Automobile accidents occur for a variety of reasons. The following are common reasons for car accidents:
- Negligence-Negligent or careless driving is the most common cause of car accidents in Florida. In 2014 there were 57, 741 injuries and 647 fatalities due to driver’s negligence.
- Speeding– In 2014 2,212 car accidents in the state of Florida was caused by drivers exceeding the posted speed limit or speeding. Of these speed-related accidents, 89 involved fatalities and 603 involved injuries according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle statistics.
- Reckless driving-Reckless or aggressive driving is a common cause of accidents in Tampa, Florida. In 2014, more than half of reckless driving accidents resulted in serious injury or death.
- Drugs or alcohol influence– According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle statistics, there were 3,665 alcohol confirmed injuries and 474 alcohol confirmed fatalities in 2013. That same year, there were 459 drug confirmed injuries and 232 drug confirmed fatalities.
- Distracted driving-Distracted driving or driving while engaging in other activities like texting, grooming, or eating contributes to 1,161 injuries and 8 deaths every day in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Vehicle malfunction-Blown tires, faulty brakes, or engine failure are common vehicle malfunctions that lead to motor vehicle accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 44,000 automobile accidents occurred from 2006-2007 because of vehicle malfunction.
- Weather Conditions or unsafe road conditions-According to the same study by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 52,000 accidents in the United States occurred because of weather or unsafe road conditions, including slick roads, precipitation, or road design from 2006-2007.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Hillsborough County
Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end collisions are most common at stop lights and stop signs. They usually occur when one driver is not paying attention or is going too fast to stop, and collides with the car in front of them. Rear-end accidents tend to be the fault of the person behind. In addition to severe damage to the car, rear-end accidents can cause severe whiplash and neck injuries.
Side-Impact Collisions: Often called “t-bones,” these types of accident occur when one car smashing into the side of another. They usually occur when one driver runs a red light or stop sign and collides with the car that has right of way, or the car with right of way collides with them. Side impact crashes can be very dangerous and cause severe injuries.
Head-On Collisions: These often occur when one driver swerves into another lane and crashes into another vehicle head-on. Head-on collisions involve two vehicles going directly at each other, often at a high rate of speed, and can be very dangerous.
Recovering from Motor Vehicle Accidents in Tampa, Florida
In an automobile accident, drivers and passengers may sustain a variety of injuries, including:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Lost limbs or amputated fingers
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and bruises
Depending on the type of injury and severity of the injury, an individual may be entitled to damages, including but not limited to:
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Medical expenses
- Long-term medical and rehabilitative expenses
- Pain and suffering or mental anguish
- Damage to vehicle
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ǀ Motor Vehicle Safety– The Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) provides national and state-specific resources designed to improve driver safety and awareness. Resources include annual crash reports, road safety toolkits, and tips for increased driver safety.
United States Department of Transportation ǀ Resources for Individuals– The U.S. Department of Transportation is responsible for ensuring safe and convenient transportation systems throughout the United States. The Department of Transportation provides a variety of resources, including the Safe Car Program, information about road closures, and a forum to report vehicle or safety defects.
Florida Highway Patrol ǀ Traffic Crash Report– The Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) has an online forum to report a traffic accident and request a written accident report. Reports can also be submitted by mail.
Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
Traffic Crash Records Section
Tallahassee, Fl 32399
Auto Accident Attorney in Hillsborough County, FL
If you or a loved one was injured or died in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, contact Germain Law Group, P.A. at (813) 835-8888 immediately. Germain Law Group, P.A. represents individuals involved in any automobile accident, including rear-end, side, and head on collisions.
Michael Germain of Germain Law Group, P.A. has years of experience assisting car accident victims to recover the damages they deserve, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Germain Law Group, P.A. represents individuals throughout Florida, including Hillsborough County, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Hernando County, Polk County, Citrus County, Sumter County, and the surrounding areas.
This article was last updated on Friday, March 5, 2017.