Calhoun County can be located in the Florida panhandle where some of the worst hurricanes and tornadoes regularly occur. Because of this, Calhoun County residents are familiar with unexpected property damage to their homes and businesses. Thankfully, Calhoun County residents prepare ahead by obtaining property insurance designed to help them recover in case an unexpected event occurs. What they might not realize is the insurance company never intended to pay them in the first place.
Some insurance companies will do whatever they can to minimize payout and save money. That includes disputing or denying your claim despite knowing it’s covered under policy provisions. Insurance companies who act deceptive or dishonest when handling their claims can be held liable in court. To learn how you can hold your insurer responsible, get in contact with an experienced Calhoun County insurance lawyer today.
Insurance Claims Attorney in Calhoun County, FL
The purpose of insurance is to make you whole after a loss, not to make you even more stressed out and frustrated. If you’re having issues with your insurance company, we recommend you consult Germain Law Group, P.A.. Insurance claims lawyer Michael B. Germain has represented the interests of policyholders for over ten years. His years of practice and knowledge may be the edge you need to receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Get in contact with insurance lawyer Michael Germain by calling (813) 835-8888. He can examine the verity of your claim during a free no obligations consultation. Germain Law Group, P.A. accepts clients throughout the greater Calhoun County area including Blountstown, Altha, Chipola, Abe Springs, Kinard, Marsville, McNeal, New Hope, Frink, Gaskins, Henderson Mill, Carr Community, and Pine Island.
- What Constitutes as a Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
- How Can I Sue My Insurance Company for Bad Faith?
- Civil Litigation Matters We Handle
- Calhoun County Cities We Serve
- Insurance and Court Resources in Calhoun County, FL
What Constitutes as a Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
Insurance companies are bound by both federal and state law to investigate, process, and pay out claims in a timely and efficient manner. Insurance companies who mishandle or wrongfully dispute or deny a claim are considered to be acting in bad faith. These acts of bad faith are illegal under Florida law according to Section 624.155 of the Florida Statutes. Policyholders who experience bad faith practices from their insurers can hold them accountable in court.
The following are some examples of bad faith practices by insurance companies.
- Providing low-ball offers that are much less than what the claim is worth
- Failing to send a settlement check to the policyholder in a timely manner
- Failing to communicate with the policyholder in a prompt manner
- Denying or disputing a claim without a proper investigation
- Conducting an investigation without implementing proper standards
- Misrepresenting facts related to the policy or claim
How Can I Sue My Insurance Company for Bad Faith?
- Review Your Insurance Contract – The first step is to review your current policy with your insurance company. The best way to approach this is to have your insurance claims attorney on your side as you dissect the policy and determine if an argument exists for coverage. It’s best to examine your policy first in case the claim you filed is excluded from the policy.
- Keep Logs on Your Claim – Be sure to take notes of all information regarding your claim. That includes conversations with agents or insurance adjusters. Write down reasons as to why they disputed or denied your claim, the provisions they cite, and the verbiage used. Be sure to log everything they request from you, their reasons, and anything they may send you no matter how “insignificant.”
- Document Denial of Claim – Keep all the documentation of the claim’s denial. Be sure to request a reason why the claim was denied if it wasn’t included.
- Send a Demand Letter – Once you’ve exhausted all avenues with your insurance company, you can then send a demand letter. It’s best to have an attorney on your side while writing the letter or even have your attorney draft the letter for you. They can ensure you calculate the appropriate amount to demand based on your claim, reasons as to why the claim was justified, and proof to accompany these reasons.
- Initiate a Bad Faith Lawsuit – If your insurance company doesn’t respond to your demands, then you and your attorney can file a lawsuit against them. From there, it’s best to let your attorney handle the situation and advise you along the way. Bad faith litigation can be incredibly complicated, so it’s important you have someone on your side who has extensive experience with insurance law to represent you.
Civil Litigation Matters We Handle
Michael B. Germain and Germain Law Group, P.A. doesn’t just represent policyholders pursuing damages for their rejected claims, he also handles all forms of civil litigation. The following are some civil litigations cases we handle at Germain Law Group, P.A..
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Fraudulent Inducement
- Debt Collection
- Real Property Disputes
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Invasion of Property
- UCC – Sales of Goods
- Personal Injury
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- General Business Disputes
- Contractual Disputes
- Wage Garnishment
- Levying Property
- Small Business Litigation
- Unfair Business Practices
Calhoun County Cities We Serve
- New Hope
- Ocheesee Landing
- Pine Island
- Rollins Corner
- Broad Branch
- Fisher Corner
Calhoun County Court and Insurance Resources
Calhoun County Courthouse | Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Court – Visit the official website for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Court, which has jurisdiction over Bay County, Gulf County, Holmes County, Washington County, Jackson County and Calhoun County. Access the site to learn where the Calhoun County courthouse is, the current judges on the court, resources for citizens in small claims court, answers to frequently asked questions and more.
Calhoun County Clerk | Carla Hand – Visit the official website for the current Calhoun County clerk Carla Hand. Access the site to learn more about their online court services, civil court departments, how to search a case up online, and contact information.
Florida’s Insurance Code – Visit the official website for Online Sunshine, a collection of Florida’s laws and legislation. Access the site to learn about civil remedies under the code and which state departments have jurisdiction over which case.
Blountsville Attorney for Insurance Claims in FL
You’ve paid your premiums on time, so you should be given the compensation you were promised by your insurance company. If you’re facing issues with an insurance claim, it’s within your best interest to contact Germain Law Group, P.A.. Michael B. Germain is an insurance coverage attorney dedicated to representing the interests of policyholders. With over 10 years of experience, he can use his experience and skills to advocate for the compensation you’re entitled to.
Call Germain Law Group, P.A. now to set up your first consultation. Germain Law Group, P.A. accepts clients throughout the greater Calhoun County area and surrounding counties including Bay County, Gulf County, Sumter County, and Jackson County.