Washington County is located in the northwestern region of Florida, also known as the panhandle. The county is technically landlocked, but it only takes a short drive for citizens to reach the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Due to the county’s proximity to the Gulf, Washington County is a prime target for natural disasters including tropical storms, hurricanes, serious floods, and in some cases tornadoes.
Since Washington County is so vulnerable to natural disasters, most residents have property insurance for their homes and businesses. Residents count on these insurance companies to provide compensation so they can move on with their lives. Unfortunately, some insurance companies will do everything they can to minimize your claim and save money. If you’re having issues filing a claim with your insurer, we suggest you get in contact with a Washington County property insurance dispute lawyer as soon as possible.
Insurance Claims Attorney in Chipley, FL
You might think you’re better off saving money by not hiring an attorney, but the truth is that couldn’t be further from the truth. Hiring an experienced insurance law attorney can significantly increase your chances of receiving maximized compensation for your claim. Don’t fight this battle alone and hire an experienced insurance lawyer with Germain Law Group, P.A..
Michael Germain of Germain Law Group, P.A. has over ten years of experience he can apply for your case. Plus, he’s represented insurance companies and understands how they think. His unique perspective representing both policyholder and insurance company may be crucial for your case. Call Germain Law Group, P.A. today at (813) 835-8888.
Germain Law Group, P.A. accepts clients throughout the greater Washington County area including Vernon, Chipley, Caryville, Ebro, and Wausau.
- How Do I Sue My Insurance Company for Bad Faith?
- Insurance Resources in Washington County, FL
- Property Rate for Insurance in Washington County
- Other Civil Matters We Handle
- Washington County Cities We Serve
How Do I Sue My Insurance Company for Bad Faith?
- Review Your Insurance Policy – Your first step will be to review your current policy you currently have with your insurance company. It’s important you examine every provision of your policy to ensure that the claim isn’t excluded from your policy. The best approach to this is to bring your policy to your insurance lawyer. That way they can dissect the policy with you and determine if an argument for coverage exists.
- Keep Track of Your Claim – It’s imperative you take notes regarding every step and facet of your claim. Including any conversation with agents or adjusters. You can write reasons as to why the claim was disputed/denied, provisions the agent may cite, the verbiage they used, and any other related information. Log everything the insurance company requests, their reasoning, and everything they send to you no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Document Claim Disputes or Denial – Be sure to keep documentation of the claim’s denial or disputes. If the insurance company denied your claim without a reason, request a reason for the denial in writing.
- Write & Send a Demand Letter – Maybe you’ve exhausted all avenues of negotiation with your insurer. They aren’t receptive to your offers and they won’t listen to the evidence in front of them proving the claim’s worth. If this happens, your attorney may advise you to take the next step and start the lawsuit process. That first step would be to file a demand letter to your insurer. Your attorney can calculate an appropriate settlement amount based on your claim and write up an effective demand letter.
- Initiate a Bad Faith Lawsuit – If your insurance company ignored or refuses your demand letter, then your attorney can begin taking steps to file a lawsuit against them. From this point, the best advice is to listen carefully to what your attorney tells you and allow them to handle the situation. Bad faith litigation is complicated, so having someone on your side with an in-depth understanding of insurance law is essential.
Insurance Resources in Washington County, FL
Fourteenth Judicial Circuit | Washington County Court – Visit the official website for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit Court and learn more about how they have jurisdiction over Washington County. Access the site to file an important document online, find civil case management forms, directions to the Washington County court, and other important information you may need.
Washington County Clerk & Comptroller – Visit the official website for the Washington County Clerk and Comptroller, Lora C. Bell. Access the site to search up a record online, file a form electronically, pay a court payment online, and their other online services.
Insurance Code in Florida – Visit the official website for Florida’s laws and legislation to learn more about the rules for insurance companies in the state. Access the site to learn the definition of different types of insurance, your rights as a policyholder, and more.
Florida Recovery Resources | III – Visit the official website for the Insurance Information Institute (III), which is currently the largest online source on insurance law. Access the site to peruse their recovery resources for Florida policyholders, data reports for Florida insurance companies, and read articles about insurance issues in the state of Florida.
Washington County Average Homeowners Insurance Rate
|Value of Property in Washington County, FL||% of Total||Avg. Rate|
|Less than $50,000||24.0%||$315|
|$50,000 to $59,999||9.0%||$663|
|$60,000 to $69,999||3.0%||$821|
|$70,000 to $79,999||7.0%||$945|
|$80,000 to $89,999||8.0%||$1080|
|$90,000 to $99,999||3.0%||$1203|
|$100,000 to $124,999||7.0%||$1395|
|$125,000 to $149,999||6.0%||$1743|
|$150,000 to $174,999||7.0%||$2058|
|$175,000 to $199,999||4.0%||$2373|
|$200,000 to $249,999||6.0%||$2857|
|$250,000 to $299,999||5.0%||$3498|
|$300,000 to $399,999||4.0%||$4443|
Other Civil Matters We Handle
- Real Property Disputes
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Debt Collection
- Levying Property
- Small Business Litigation
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- General Business Disputes
- Contractual Disputes
- UCC – Sales of Goods
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- Fraudulent Inducement
- Unfair Business Practices
- Personal Injury
- Invasion of Property
Washington County Cities We Serve
- Five Points
- Gilberts Mill
- Holmes Valley
- New Hope
- Red Head
- Sunny Hills
Property Damage Lawyer in Washington County, FL
Are you having issues with your insurance? Call Michael Germain of Germain Law Group, P.A. to start a plan on how to recover the compensation you’re entitled to today. Attorney Germain has spent over a decade representing insurance companies and now he’s dedicated his whole practice to the policyholder. His unique perspective and years of experience have allowed him to help thousands of policyholders looking to recover.
Call Germain Law Group, P.A. at (813) 835-8888 to set up your first consultation free of charge. Germain Law Group, P.A. accepts clients throughout the greater Washington County area including surrounding counties such as Holmes County, Jackson County, Bay County, and Walton County.